Off Campus Education
McCoy High School - Office Located next to counselor at front of school
Work Experience (WE) and Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP)
Mrs. Gloin (WE) 403-866-8161 or email@example.com
Mr. Immel (RAP, WE) 403-952-6061 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Graf (WE)
In Alberta, there are a variety of off-campus education courses and programs. These include Work Study, Workplace Readiness/Practicum, Work Experience, Career Internship, and the Registered Apprenticeship and Green Certificate programs.
Off-campus education is an experiential method of learning that integrates a student's classroom studies with recognized on-the-job work experiences. Off-campus education programs are based on a partnership involving the school, the parents/guardians, the student and the employing organization, i.e., business, industry, government or not-for-profit agency, with each of the partners sharing the responsibility for student growth and learning.
See the links below for additional information regarding off-campus education at McCoy High School.
- Work Experience Contract (first step to get into work experience)
- Work Experience Monthly Timesheet
- Employer Evaluation for Work Experience
- Apprenticeship Educational Requirements
- Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) information
- Cumpulsory and Optional Certification Trades
- PFO (Production Field Operator) students must begin in grade 10.
- Partners for SE Alberta Youth Career Development Website
- ALIS Alberta Learning Info Service - Career Planning Website